Turn Spring Cleaning Into Spring Decorating
Everyone has heard the old saying "It's time for Spring Cleaning" in which we run around our houses throwing out everything that's old and really, thoroughly cleaning, in hopes of wiping away those "Winter Blues". However, this year instead of just 'spring cleaning' why not throw 'spring decorating into the mix'. It's time to brighten up your walls for the season and My Wonderful Walls has some great ideas for you!
Painting is one of the simplest and most cost-effective solutions for brightening up your home and providing a new-found freshness to your walls and/or antique furniture, adding color to any room. Choose from these various colors, which are all available in a variety of hues, perfect for creating springtime fantasy indoors:
- Green, particularly mint
- Blue, particularly turquoise
When choosing your paint colors consider all of nature's colors that appear during spring after a long drab winter of mostly white and brown. Most importantly, use your imagination and choose colors that have the same natural effect of spring – brightening up your mood!
Some other great spring decorating ideas can include any, or if spring has brought an especially high bounce to your step, all of these decorating tips:
- Build a 9-block shelf for storage or to display books, flowers, vases, etc.
- Spruce up your home with some decorative garden pots, or use an over-sized eggshell as a vase filled with a fresh floral arrangement boasting springs' colors.
- Open up the curtains, or switch to sheers for the season to allow natural sunlight in.
- For the evening hours, add some new table and/or desk lamps with bright soft shades and uniquely colored bases
One of the most difficult rooms to not only spring clean, but to redecorate for the spring are your children's rooms and the bathrooms in your home. Fortunately, my Wonderful Walls has the perfect solutions to your little sunshine's room, which are sure to brighten them up, all the while providing her or him with a great new space to play on those rainy days!
You can choose from the variety of Flower Garden Theme wall stencil kits, wall sticker kits and accessories. Both the Flower Garden Wall Mural Stencil Kit and the Splendid Garden Wall Sticker Kit contain a wide array of everything spring, from butterflies to flowering trees, to birdhouses and of course, a sunshine! If you choose the stencil kits, use some of the colors mentioned above to put spring in your little one's step all year long!!
Accessorize these kits with any of the following from My Wonderful Walls to complete the springtime look:
- Flower Garden Theme Canvas Wall Art
- First Flight Bird Wall Stickers
- Garden Tree Wall Stickers
- Daffodil Trio Wall Stickers
If your little ones prefer to go exploring in the outdoors and love little critters, My Wonderful Walls has a way for you to bring the outside in with these customizable room themes:
- Bugs & Blossoms Wall Sticker Kit, which includes a sophisticated lady caterpillar, lady bugs, butterflies, flowers and grasshoppers
- Forest Theme Wall Sticker Kit, which can be specified for a boy or a girl and includes deer, rabbits, foxes, trees, mushrooms, a turtle and much, much more!
So, now it's time to get started on creating a springtime fantasy in your home. Not only will it cure the 'winter blues' and brighten your mood, you home will be happier after a good 'spring cleaning' and the new 'spring decorating'!
- Tags: Decorating Ideas
- Stephanie Goins