How to Accessorize an Under the Sea Kids Room
Many of our customers create a unique room mural with My Wonderful Walls Under the Sea Wall Stickers or stencils but to really pull a room together, you may want to add some cute ocean themed accessories. There’s no need to spend a fortune to have a well decorated kids room or nursery. Here are five of our favorite DIY nautical and beach themed décor ideas from around the web for any Under the Sea themed kids room:
- You’ll have a whale of a time creating this beautiful painted whale dresser for your baby nursery or kid’s bedroom. DecoArt gives you step by step instructions and a list of supplies with downloadable pdfs of the whale art so even the most novice DIYer can do it!
- Use what nature gave us and create this Driftwood Seahorse from Creative in Chicago. If you don’t live close to the beach, this one may be a little tough but we’ve also seen similar created with wine corks.
- Heather at Chickabug made this Starfish Salt Dough Garland for the holidays but you could adorn a window or a wall with it as well.
- Not quite ready to take the plunge and get that pet fish? Create this Mini Mason Jar Aquarium with your kiddos and give them the faux version.
- Add something magical with this DIY Bubble Chandelier from Martha Stewart. You could do this with all clear balls or mix it up with tones of greens and blues. This may be something you hang out of reach or only do for an older child.
With a few made with love accents, you can give your child an ocean themed bedroom that will be unique from any other. If you’ve created any of your own Under the Sea décor, we’d love to see it! Feel free to email it to us at email@example.com or post a comment telling us about what you did.
- Tara Woodbury