Top Five Halloween Inspired DIY Decor and Craft Ideas!
Will you be celebrating Halloween this year? What about the Day of the Dead? Either way you can have so much fun this fall with decorating, costumes and parties. It can be a magical time of year. But if you have a Halloween party planned or you like to dress up your house for trick or treating, time is starting to run out! Here are our top five picks for Halloween inspired décor and crafts you can easily do yourself. No tricks here! Just treats!
- This is one craft that looks easy and fun for kids of all ages; a Melted Crayon Pumpkin. Have you ever done melted crayon art on a canvas? This DIY from Allison on Mom Spark is along the same idea but with a faux pumpkin you can get from most craft or big box stores. Super easy and the youngest of kiddos can help with this one.
- If pumpkins aren’t your thing, how about this amazingly simple and cheap idea from Cute DIY Projects. You seriously have to take pictures and send them to us if you try this. These glow in the dark eyes take two items, one of which you probably already have and about 5 minutes of your time. Your house will be the most popular on the block!
- Are you having a Halloween party while you wait for the Zombie Apocalypse? Try this DIY Zombie Window or Door idea from Dave Lowe Design. Be sure to check out his whole blog for lots of ghoulish ideas if you want your house to be the one all the kids are just a little afraid to visit this Halloween.
- Get back to basics with these super simple Lawn Ghosts! Ruth at Listotic tells you how it’s done.
- Finally, if you’re celebrating Día de los Muertos you could make these Sugar Skull Dolls from ZingzingTree. These look so adorable and are something your older kids can definitely handle.
What fun crafts or décor items do you like to make during this time of year? Comment below and let us know. Happy Halloween!
- Tara Woodbury