Valentine's Day DIY Gift Ideas with Heart Stencils
Have you been shopping for your Valentine but feel like you’re looking for love in all the wrong places? Our heart themed stencils are just the thing to let your husband, wife, girlfriend, fiancé, best friend or child know you care! Why buy a box of chocolates or a flower bouquet when you can paint your way into their heart? Our heart wall stencils are self-adhesive so they are easy to use and come in a variety of heart shaped themes so you can paint hearts on your walls, furniture, décor and crafts!
Want to show your honey you are head over heels in love? Start with our Heart Stencil Allover Pattern and create a wall of love! To create a look like this, you’ll need one wall stencil sheet, acrylic paint, foam roller, small brush for details, a paper plate and some paper towels. That’s it! You simply stick the stencil on, paint, let it dry, remove and repeat. You won’t need any glue or tape because our stencils are self-adhesive. Easy peasy!
If you’re proud to let everyone know about the love your family shares, create a personalized welcome doormat with our Love Lives Here Stencil. You can get the look shown in the video below by sticking our stencil on a simple doormat (ours was made from coconut material) and painting using spray bottles of fabric paint you can buy at your local hobby/craft store. This stencil looks equally great on walls and can be personalized with your family name. Wouldn’t this make a great gift for newlyweds or new homeowners?
Your kids light up your life like a rainbow on a rainy day, right? Now you can show them the depth of your love by painting a beautiful Cloud and Raining Hearts design on their walls, door, or shower curtain. You could stencil this heart design anywhere! What kiddo won’t feel extra special that their parents painted them their own heart mural and you don’t have to let them know how easy it was!
Still don’t know what you’re doing for Valentine’s Day this year? Here are five other uses for our fabulous heart stencils:
- Paint a decorative mailbox with our heart stencil and then fill it with love letters!
- Take an up-cycled wood pallet and turn it into a sign showing off your family values with our Love Lives Here Stencil.
- Get practical and paint a shower curtain with fabric paint and our Cloud and Raining Hearts stencil!
- Plan a romantic night for your honey and decorate the bedroom door with stenciled hearts to surprise him or her.
- Create a backyard love nest (if it’s warm where you live) and paint hearts on a table and chairs, planters or a large heart mural on the fence. Even if it’s not that warm, enjoy it with a cup of your favorite beverage and cuddle up!
Hearts are always a good idea on Valentine’s Day and really any day you want to show your admiration for a special someone. Whether you paint a wall, stencil a door, add hearts to your furniture or create a heart themed craft, you can’t go wrong. Check out all of our heart pattern stencils this February and keep the love going all year long!
- Tara Woodbury