How to Accessorize Your Farm Themed Kids Room or Nursery
If you recently purchased a Friendly Farm Wall Sticker Kit or Farm Stencils for a Nursery Mural from My Wonderful Walls, you might be thinking about how to tie the room together. Of course there is bedding and curtains but you’ll want to add some accessories around the room to make it unique to your child. Here are ten simple and inexpensive ways to add those finishing touches to your farm themed kid’s room or baby nursery.
1. Use stuffed animals around the room. But not just any stuffed animals- the kind of animals Old McDonald would have on his farm. Add to a little red wagon filled with farm themed books. You can even accessorize your stuffed animal by tying a bandana around its neck.
2. Use a basket or tin bucket as a trash can or for storage. Line a storage basket with gingham fabric or a bandana.
3. Create your own bandana pillows for the rocker! Here are instructions to make a simple No Sew Bandana Pillow Cover from Making Friends. Or if you’re feeling really crafty try these fun Bandana Hanger Covers to add some fun in the closet!
4. Take a picture of your little farmer in their best farm duds and frame to hang on the walls.
5. Use farm themed knobs on your child’s dresser.
6. Find a vintage rocking horse for the corner.
7. Stack or hang old apple crates from the wall for extra storage. You can keep them as is or paint in white or bright colors if they are a little beat up. You could even decoupage a few farm animals or different types of produce onto the sides to go with your farm theme. Check out what some bloggers have created with apple crates on Modern Mum Must-Have.
8. Add a cute piggy night light (or any farm animal) like this one from Etsy.
9. Add a piggy bank to your child’s dresser.
10. Don’t limit yourself in using your farm themed stencils solely on the walls. You can stencil doors, furniture and even add clouds to your ceiling if you wish.
For more ideas on decorating your farm kids room check out this video entitled How to Accessorize the Friendly Farm Stencil Kit and our video tutorial on Embellishing the Friendly Farm Stencil Kit. Soon you will not only have wonderful walls but a wonderful farm themed kid’s room or baby nursery!
Blog post written by Tara
- Tara Woodbury