Enter a fantastical garden with our Dandelion Stencil! You’ll feel surrounded by summer when you use our simple flower stencils for your DIY project.
- 7 piece stencil (includes 1 dandelion and 6 flying seeds)
- Available in 2 sizes
- Self-adhesive stencil - no glue or tape needed
- Perfect for walls, home improvement projects, crafts and more
- Easy to use DIY dandelion stencils
Think warm thoughts! This Blowing Dandelion Wall Stencil will to add whimsy and color to your space. Painting with our flower stencils is so easy to do, and you won’t need any tape or glue as these stencils have a self-adhesive backing. Just peel the dandelion stencil from the backing paper, stick it to your painting surface, paint in, and remove. It's that easy! This flower stencil design is available in 2 sizes and can be used for walls, furniture, accessories, crafts, projects and more!
AVAILABLE SIZES IN INCHES (for the dandelion)
Medium: 11 inches W x 40 inches H
Large: 16 inches W x 57.3 inches H
*To achieve the same look as the wall in the instructional video, you'll need to order a medium and a large dandelion stencil.
HOW TO USE A DANDELION STENCIL
- Gently peel the dandelion stencil from the backing.
- Hold the dandelion stencil by the top two corners, pulling outward, keeping the top edge tight and straight. Then, place the flower stencil on the wall. Rub it with your hand, working your way down the stencil, making sure that all inner edges are down to avoid any bleeding.
- Apply a very thin coat of paint and let dry. Apply additional coats as necessary.
- Add in flying seeds as desired using the same process.
- Peel the stencil of a dandelion from the painted surface and return it to the backing paper if done or repeat as needed.
EXTRA STENCILING TIPS
- To avoid stencil bleeding, use a paper towel to remove excess paint from your roller or brush.
- You can use a hair dryer to speed up the drying process.
- When re-applying the dandelion stencil, pat down with a paper towel to remove paint buildup.
- Save some of your base-coat paint for touch-ups.
- After you wash your roller/brush make sure it is completely dry before using it again.
- We recommend a foam roller for this dandelion stencil pattern. Use a small foam roller for a medium dandelion stencil and seeds or a larger roller for the large wall stencil. Stencil brushes or flat top bristle brushes can be used to shade and add texture to the dandelions.
- You can stencil with a variety of paints. We recommend using high-quality hobby acrylic paint, latex paint, artist acrylic or stencil paint. If using for outdoors, try an exterior latex paint for projects like a fence or acrylic paint with a clear coating of polyurethane spray for projects like a mailbox.