My Wonderful Walls Blog
THANKSGIVING GIVEAWAY - Win a $100 Gift Card to My Wonderful Walls 20
This holiday season we are giving away money! Woot! Woot! Don't miss your chance to enter our 2nd gift card giveaway of the season. Because we are so thankful for you, this one ends at midnight on Thanksgiving Day! (gobble, gobble)
Enter now through Thanksgiving Day, November 28th, at 11:59 p.m. PST and you could be the lucky person to win a $100 gift card to My Wonderful Walls!
Enter with our Rafflecopter widget below and make sure to tell a friend. Winner will be notified by email on or after 11/29/2019.a Rafflecopter giveaway
- MWW Office
Win $100 to Spend on Holiday Gifts at My Wonderful Walls 76
Want to win some holiday cash?
If you've started your holiday shopping or you'd like to get yourself something special, this giveaway is for you! Right now through Monday, November 18th at 11:59 p.m. PST, you can enter to win a $100 gift card from My Wonderful Walls. Will you be the lucky winner?!
Enter with our Rafflecopter widget below and make sure to tell a friend. Winner will be notified by email on or after 11/19/2019.
- Bold Apps
They painted these SUPER FUN playhouses in only 2 hours! 0Recently Community Church partnered with Habitat for Humanity for their annual Serve Day, an invitation to all church members to actively involve themselves in carrying the love of Christ outside the church walls and into the community. They used our stencils to decorate these colorful playhouses. Their challenge was that they only had 2 hours to paint and 2 hours to assemble. The results are stunning!
Stunning Office Tour of New Pediatric Gastroenterology Practice in San Antonio 0Going to the doctor just got a lot more fun for the young patients of South Texas Pediatric Gastroenterology in San Antonio, Texas. This newly renovated space features colorful waiting and exam rooms filled with beautiful flowers, giant safari trees and friendly jungle animals.
How to Create a Princess Mural with Wall Decals in 4 Easy Steps 0
If you have a precocious little darling who loves ‘everything princess’, give her a princess room she will remember forever. There is no need to spend oodles of money or to hire a professional. Simply these 4 simple steps and the princess room your daughter has been dreaming about will become a beautiful reality. “If you dream a thing more than once, it’s sure to come true” - Aurora
STEP 1: GET INSPIRATION FROM OTHERS
So many girls’ rooms have been transformed into a princess paradise with the Perfectly Princess Jumbo Wall Decal Set. Check out collection of pictures our customers have shared with us over the years. There is no wrong way to do it but there are many GREAT variations! Scroll to the bottom of the product page to get a peek into these pretty princess rooms for some great ideas and inspiration!
STEP 2: PLAN THE LAYOUT
Even though the decals are easily repositionable, it’s a good idea to plan the layout of your design prior to putting up the decals. The Princess Room Virtual Mural Builder allows you to plan out where you will place each decal before you begin sticking them. Simply drag and drop the elements from the panel until you get the princess room to your liking. If you plan to decorate more than one wall, we suggest creating a different scene for each wall and then printing each out to use as a reference.
STEP 3: CREATE THE SKY & HILLS
The Perfectly Princess Sticker Set looks best on a background scene with sky and hills. You can either paint the sky and hills with latex paint or purchase a hill decal from us.
PAINT: If you choose to paint, you will need two colors of latex paint (eggshell or satin finish). Paint the sky and let dry. Then, use chalk to sketch out the top of the hills and you are ready to paint them in. An easy way to paint the hills is with a roller. For a full tutorial, check out the article How To Paint the Sky and Hills in the Background
STICKER: If you’d rather put up a hill sticker rather than paint the hill, no problem! With the hill wall decal, you get 10 feet of hill sticker making it super easy to create dimension in your princess scene.
Note: The decals will stick better to clean walls so your walls should be clean and free of oils and debris prior to putting up the stickers. Unless you have freshly painted the walls, wipe the walls down with a wet washcloth and let dry.
STEP 4: PUT UP THE DECALS
Now for the fun part! It’s time to put up the princess wall decals. Have your printouts handy from Step 2 and begin putting up the stickers. Simply peel each from the backing paper and stick it on the wall. For the larger pieces, like the castle, you might want to grab a friend for an extra set of helping hands. The stickers are repositionable so don’t fret if you need to move them. They will stick again and again.
We hope you feel empowered and excited to create a princess room your girl will remember forever. With the Perfectly Princess Decal Set and other tools and resources provided, we are confident that you’ll find the experience and easy an rewarding one. Happy decorating and please contact us if you have any questions. We are available 24/7 via email, through the chat feature or by phone (423-815-1703) from 10am to 6pm. We are happy to help and eager to help you get your little princess the princess room of her dreams!
Check out these beautiful rooms that have been transformed wiith the DIY Perfectly Princess Wall Decal Set. You can do it too!
7 Simple Steps to Raised Stenciling 0
If you want to create something completely different with your furniture or walls, you might consider raised stenciling. Instead of paint you will use plaster or vinyl spackling to create your design. The process is much the same as stenciling with paint but because plaster is so thick, you’ll want to practice your technique on a spare piece of wood or cardboard before stenciling your walls or furniture. Once you find the right process for your project, you’ll be ready to create your masterpiece.
1. Decide on the placement of your stencils. If using My Wonderful Walls Stencils, you will find they are self-adhesive, otherwise you’ll need tape or low-tack spray adhesive. Make sure your stencil is taut against the surface so no plaster or spackling seeps out underneath.
2. Stir your plaster well with a putty knife. You can choose to tint your plaster or spackle if you wish. Try a dye or toner like TransTint.
3. Keeping your knife at a 40-degree angle, run the plaster right over the stencil without going back and forth too many times. Doing this will ensure you aren’t accidentally causing bleeding.
4. When your design is fully covered, carefully lift away the stencil. If stenciling more than one area, move it to the next and repeat. If you see any imperfections in the plastered design, you can carefully fix by hand. If you just hate it or it’s not positioned right, you can wipe the plaster off quickly before it dries. Wipe the surface with a damp cloth, let it dry and try again.
5. You may need to clean the stencil off after a few uses as the plaster will stick more than paint. When entirely done stenciling, clean the stencil while plaster is still wet. This way you will be able to reuse it later (if it is a My Wonderful Walls stencil).
6. After your plaster or spackling dries, decide if you want to add any effects. You can paint over it with milk paint, for example or add a glaze. Distressing your design will give your piece of furniture an antique look. You can also sand down any high points and apply wax to highlight the stenciled design.
7. Another way to create an exciting look is to paint with the stencil first in a darker color, then adjusting the stencil a fraction of an inch, apply your plaster. This will create a drop shadow effect.
Using raised stenciling is a perfect way to create an interesting ceiling border, wall border, or update a plain piece of furniture. With these 7 simple steps you will be able to create a unique design in no time. Let us know in the comments what you would use raised stenciling for first.