How to Create a Jungle Paradise in 5 Simple Steps
If you are considering painting a jungle mural in your baby nursery or child’ room, you’ve come to the right place. There is no need to hire a professional painter to fill your walls with jungle animals and colorful jungle trees. Just follow these 5 simple steps and soon your friends and family will be ‘roaring’ with delight about your child’s spectacular jungle paradise.
Michael of My Wonderful Walls takes us through the whole process of painting a jungle mural with the Jungle Safari Wall Mural Stencil Kit. Learn how to paint the hills, blend colors and more in this quick tutorial video.
STEP 2: PAINT THE BACKGROUND WALLS
For a scene with sky and hills, you will need two colors of latex paint. We recommend an eggshell or a satin finish. Paint the sky and hills and let dry. If you want the hills to come above the furniture, use chalk to mark out where the furniture will be, and then sketch the hills. An easy way to paint hills is with a paint roller. Save background color paint for touch-ups. For a full tutorial, check out the article How To Paint the Sky and Hills in the Background.
STEP 3: PLAN THE LAYOUT
It's a good idea to plan out the layout of your design prior to stenciling. We’ve designed a useful tool for just that: The Virtual Mural Builder allows you to plan the whole room. Simply drag and drop the elements from the panel, try different variations and see what you like best. Once you get the jungle mural just as you want it, simply print it out to use a reference when you are painting your walls. We suggest creating a different scene for each wall. Also, it is useful to start with the jungle trees as this will give you a good framework for your scene.
STEP 4: GATHER YOUR SUPPLIES
In addition to the Wild Jungle Safari Stencil Kit, you’ll need just a few more items before you get started:
- An assortment of acrylic paints or our conveniently pre-assembled Jungle Acrylic Paint Pack
- 10-20 foam brushes of various sizes
- 1 fine-tip brush for touch-ups
- 1-2 foam rollers for the larger stencils
- Paper plates used to hold acrylic paints
- Paper towels and baby wipes used for keeping stencils clean
- Snacks because food makes is feel like a party
- Your favorite music to jam out to while you paint
STEP 5: READ THE INSTRUCTIONS & PAINT YOUR SCENE
The stencil kit comes with a detailed painting guide jam-packed with tips and tricks for easy mural painting. Read it from beginning to end and you’ll feel ready and prepared to begin painting your child’s jungle room. Learn proper stenciling techniques, how to create depth in a scene, how to avoid bleeding, with which stencil you should start with and so much more. Check out the full Jungle Painting Instruction Guide that comes with the kit.
We hope you feel excited and ready to paint your jungle nursery or jungle themed room that your child remember forever. With the Wild Jungle Safari Stencil Kit and other tools and resources provided, we are confident that you’ll find the experience of painting your own jungle mural a fun and rewarding one. Happy painting and please contact us if you have any questions. We are available 24/7 via email, through the chat feature or by phone (888-945-4443) from 10am to 6pm. We are happy to help and eager to get you the jungle room of your dreams!
Check out these amazing spaces that have been transformed all around the world with the DIY Jungle Safari Stencil Kit! You can do it too!
- Jungle Paradise in Montana
- Charlie's Jungle Themed Nursery
- Serene Jungle Scene in Switzerland
- Jungle Room for New Baby in D.C.
- Animal Lovers Create Jungle Room for New Baby in Ontario, Canada
- Community in Australia Comes Together to Paint Church Nursery
- Expecting Parents Bring the Jungle to New Jersey
- Jungle Room Makeover In Carlsbad, California!
- Netherlands Dad Paints Jungle Mural for His Precious Little One
- Stephanie Goins